Please make sure to check the latest entry information due to COVID-19.
Turkmenistan is Open and Welcoming tourists again!
Starting from March 1, 2023, tourists will be permitted to enter the country for tourism purposes with a valid tourist visa.
Turkmenistan has the most strict visa policy in Central Asia
Almost all foreign citizens must have a Turkmen visa to enter the country and therefore Turkmenistan is not well-known as a travel destination.
There are two types of visas that tourists can use. The first is a tourist visa, and the second option is a transit visa. Tourist visas can only be obtained together with ordering a tour. If you purchase a Turkmenistan tour through us, a visa will be included in the tour price.
Covid-19: Rules to apply for a visa to Turkmenistan
An express PCR test for COVID-19 will be taken upon arrival and the result may take 10-15 minutes. It costs 35 USD.
Documents required to apply for a tourist visa to Turkmenistan
- Passport copy
- Passport-size photo on the white background
- Filled up application form
- LOI (Letter of Invitation) only registered travel agents in Turkmenistan can issue
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate – The certificate proves that the person received at least two doses of COVID-19 vaccination
- Authorities might request extra documents if needed