Turkmenistan 4 days tour
TURKMENISTAN in 4 days
Turkmenistan Tour Highlights
In the morning drive to Turkmenistan border point Nukus-Hojeili (80-100 km, 1, 5 h.).Be at the border at 9:00 AM when it opens and go through formalities on both checkpoints. Cross 1.5 km neutral zone (minibus available for car 1 USD). With your invitation letter you will be able to get your Turkmenistan visas at the border.
Please note: Depending on the number of people waiting to cross the border you will need to wait up to one or two hours, also be prepared to be thoroughly searched. On the Turkmenistan side of the border, meet your Turkmen guide and driver and transfer to Kunya Urgench (UNESCO)
(20 km, 0, 5 h.). Visit mausoleums of Turebek Khanym, Sultan Tekesh, Sultan Il Arslan. Discover the Kutlug Timur Minaret.
In the afternoon drive to Darwaza gas crater located in the middle of Karakym desert (270 km, 4-5 h.). Discover the burning gas crater by day and nighttime. Accommodation in the yurts. Camp dinner and overnight in yurts (two people per yurt).
After camp style breakfast drive to Ashgabat via water crater and Erbent desert community. Arrival in Ashgabat around noon. Check in at the hotel (at or after 14:00 hrs) and have some rest during the midday heat and after the long and shaky ride of the past couple of days.
In the afternoon, have a short sightseeing tour (3-4 hrs) in Ashgabat. The tour includes a visit of the National Museum of History, the Arch of Neutrality, and the Independence Park. Drive back to Ashgabat through New City area of Ashgabat enjoying the view with all its night illuminations (if time coincides with night illumination). Overnight in the hotel.
After breakfast, we drive to Old Nisa fortress (UNESCO World Heritage site) – the earliest of Parthian Empire capitals. Located in an atmospheric area on an irregular pentagon hill, at the foot of the Kopet-Dag Mountains, Old Nisa is a beautiful landmark. 14 hectares in size, the fort accommodates two semi-excavated complexes of Parthian period (III c. BC – III c. AD) structures, designated as royal residence and temple complex. We continue to the Spiritual Mosque, one of the biggest mosques in Central Asia.
Then drive back to Ashgabat, stopping en-route at National Memorial Complex “Halk Hakydasy” with WWII and Earthquake memorials. Spend some time at the Memorial Complex.
Overnight in the hotel.
Transfer to the international airport for an departure flight from Ashgabat.
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- Road transport in private air-conditioned vehicles, regular or SUV/4WD as per table (pls. see table below for seating capacity)
- Accommodation based on shared yurts (max 2-4 pax per yurt) and a shared double/twin hotel room, including breakfast
- English-speaking guide-interpreter services
- Entrance fees as per program
- Photo camera usage fee Kunya Urgench historical park
- Bottled water 1,5 ltr pppd
- Porter services
- Turkmenistan tourist visa from 55 USD per person, when obtained at land borders (subject to change; nationality dependent)
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+4 USD per person, to be paid at land borders (subject to change)
- COVID-19 PCR tests by arrival and/or departure 33 USD per person per test (subject to change!)
- Tourist fee per night, charged in the hotels at departure 2 USD per person per night (obligatory)
- Photo/video fees at Nissa and National Museum
- Tips for local guide(s) and/or driver(s)
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services not mentioned under “Included”
Book your tour here
If you would like to customize your tour please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to organize a custom tour or to provide a modified itinerary based on one of the tours provided by the tour operators.
Other tours to Turkmenistan
Tour updated 1.12.2023