Nomad's Culture Festival Tour
Kyrgyzstan Culture Tour
DATES OF THE TOUR 2024
02.08 – 06.08.2024
Kyrgyz people value and keep their traditions, the festivals are held to unite the nation and show their traditions and customs. During this tour you will see the exhibition of birds of prey (golden eagle, falcon), berkutchi (hunters) performance, demonstration of hunting skills of birds, archers’ performance, exhibition of Kyrgyz greyhounds Taigan, master classes in crafts, national cuisine, performance Kyrgyz traditions, national games. You will be able to take part in the process.
- Enjoy the quiet charms and warm hospitality of Kyrgyzstan;
- Visit Issyk Kul, the lake known as “The Pearl of Kyrgyzstan”;
- Experience nomadic life sleeping in a yurt beside the alpine lake of Song Kul;
- Take part in celebration of Nomad’s Culture Festival, learn about Kyrgyz traditions, customs and cuisine;
- Watch ancient hunting with Golden Eagles on horses with Taygans;
- Do light hikes along the magnificent Tian-Shan Mountain ranges;
Kyrgyzstan Biking Tour Itinerary
Meeting with a guide and driver in Bishkek. Transfer to Tamga along the southern shore of Issyk-Kul lake, that is considered to be the second largest mountainous lake in the world on the altitude of 1607 meters above the sea level. We call the lake “the pearl” of Kyrgyzstan. On the way we will stop not far from Tokmok town (60 km) and have excursion to Burana Tower, a place on the Great Silk Road dated to 11th century.
Upon arrival to Tamga dinner and overnight in the yurt. (Meal: D)
After breakfast transfer to the Festival. Here in the Festival, we will see the demonstration of hunting with a Golden Eagle; folklore show; exhibition and sale of handicrafts and souvenirs; tasting of Kyrgyz cuisine. One can see the video of this festival following the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJhYHYbtvTY
After the Festival we will come back to the yurt camp in Tamga. Dinner and overnight at the yurt camp.
After breakfast we will drive to Kochkor. On the way we will visit the canyon “Fairy tale”. The canyon was named because of its bizarre rocky landscape, which for many years has been transformed by erosion into amazing sculptures and formations. Some formations look like The Great Wall of China and you can also find other formations that look like snakes, dragons, sleeping giants and even whole castles. From the canyon you can see a majestic panorama of Lake Issyk-Kul and snow caped mountains. One-hour walking there. Dinner and overnight in the hotel. (B/-/D)
After breakfast transfer to the mountainous lake called Son-Kul, the lake is considered to be one of the highest lakes in the country, it is situated on the altitude of 3016 meters above the sea level and is a famous summer pasture for the local people, who come here every summer with their cattle and families and stay in the traditional nomadic housing called yurt. In the afternoon a light walking to the lake. In the evening the cook of the yurt camp will show us “Manty” show, Manty is a traditional central Asian dish, made of dough, meet and onions, those who wish can cook together the Manty. Dinner and overnight in the yurt. (Meal: B/L/D)
After breakfast transfer to Bishkek.
Upon arrival to Bishkek is end of our services.
Biking Tour Information
- Transport for transfers and excursions during the tour (car in good condition with air conditioning);
- Twin / double room accommodation;
- Four-person accommodation in the yurts
- Meal as indicated in each day of the program
- Entree fees to cultural places and nature parks
- Mineral water during the tour (1 liter per person)
- Tour guide
- Tickets to the Festival
- Manty Cooking class in Son- Kul
Services not included:
- Early check-in on day 1
- Alcohol and soft drinks
- Costs for Kyrgyz visa if necessary;
- Porter service in hotels and at the airport
- International and domestic flight tickets
- Personal expenses of customers
- Any division from the program
- Airport pick-ups and drop offs
- Accommodation in Bishkek
- Horse riding in Son- Kul
- Horse Games show in Son- Kul
- Full Board
- Folklore Program in Bishkek
Level of difficulty: There are no difficulties on the route.
Conditions: It is necessary to bring warm clothes, walking boots, rain coat and etc. Weight of personal things is not limited.
Health: If you have any specific sicknesses, you need to bring own first aid kit with necessary medicaments.
Book your Kyrgyzstan biking tour here
If you would like to customize your tour please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to organize a custom tour or to provide a modified itinerary based on one of the tours provided by us or our cooperatives.
Other tours in Kyrgyzstan
Tour updated 3.2.2024