Two Days Khiva Tour
Tashkent - Urgench - khiva Tour
Khiva is the only fully preserved (though heavily restored) ancient city on the Great Silk Road. Khiva was founded about 2500 years ago and is now an open-air museum, which is sometimes even referred to by Uzbeks as the “eighth wonder of the world” as it offers an enormous amount of architectural monuments recognized in the UNESCO World Heritage site list (Ichan Kala). Khiva is also one of the once grand cities of the Khoresm oasis area in the southern delta of the Amu Darya, south of the Aral Sea, just 10 km north from the border of Turkmenistan and where the sandy Kyzyl-Kum desert begins. NOTE: This tour can be done by flying or by train from Tashkent
06:00 Transfer to Tashkent Domestic airport
07:40 Flight to Urgench (1000 km 1h.30 min) by HY053
09:10 Arrival Urgench & transfer to Khiva (25 km about 30 min drive)
10:00 Join city tour in ancient Khiva city.
Places to visit:
Old town of Ichan Kala:
1) Madrasah Mohammed Amin Khan (1851-1854);
2) Minaret Kalta Minar (1855);
3) Kuhna Ark (XII-XVII);
4) Madrasah Mohammed Rakhim Khan (1876);
5) Mausoleum Sayid Alauddin (1303) & Museum of Music (1905);
6) Juma Mosque which is made up of 218 wooden pillars of the X century (1788);
13:00 Lunch in local restaurant.
After lunch proceeding city tour & visit:
7) Madrasah Arabkhana (1616 & 1838);
8) Madrasah Dost Alam (1882);
9) Madrasah Abdullah Khan (1834);
10) Ak Masjid (1657);
11) Anusha Khan Bath (XVII);
12) Madrasah Allaqulikhan (1834-1835);
13) Madrasah Kutlimurad Inaq (1809);
14) Caravanserai (1832-1833);
15) Tosh Hovli Palace (1832-1841);
16) Madrasah Islam Khodja (1908);
17) Mausoleum Pahlavan Mahmud (1810-1825);
18) Madrasah Sherghazi Khan (XVIII);
19) Dishan Kala (1906).
15.00 End of tour & transfer to the hotel for rest.
19.00 Dinner in local restaurant.
Overnight in Khiva
07:00-09:00 Breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant. After breakfast till check out formalities free time at own leisure
12:00 Check out from the hotel & transfer to Urgench. Panoramic tour in Urgench city centre.
13:00 Lunch in local restaurant.
Free time at own leisure in Urgench city.
14:30 Transfer to Urgench Domestic airport.
16:55 Flight to Tashkent (1000 km 1h 30 min) by HY058
18.15 Arrival Tashkent & end of tour.
19:00 Dinner in local restaurant.
- Accommodation in any above 3* hotel + breakfast on SGL/TWN room basis;
- 2 Lunches in local restaurants;
- Drinking water 0.5 L per day per person;
- Services of professional & certified guide-interpreter of any languages;
- Air tickets of Tashkent-Urgench-Tashkent economy class or plats card train tickets of Tashkent-Khiva-Tashkent night train;
- Urgench-Khiva-Urgench by comfortable transportation according to the program;
- Entrance tickets to the monuments & museums according to the program.
- Early check-in & Late checkout in hotels;
- Additional services & charges in the hotel;
- Photo & video making fees; Medical insurance;
- Tips & gratuities;
- All other services not included in this program;
- All taxes.
Book your tour here
If you would like to customize your tour please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to organize a custom tour or to provide a modified itinerary based on one of the tours provided by the tour operators.